The All India Pre Medical Test is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It provides admissions in several colleges for medical and BDS courses in India. Admission is given on the basis of merit in AIPMT. As there is no limit on the number of attempts, you can reappear for AIPMT every year till the age of 25 years.
The registration for AIPMT colleges can be done online. Find the below steps involved in the registration process of AIPMT.
You need to establish your eligibility before appearing for the exam.
- You must not be less than 17 years and more than 25years of age in case of general and 30 years of age in case of SC/ST/OBC.
- Your nationality should be Indian. OCI (Overseas Citizenship of India) candidates can also apply.
- You must have passed the higher secondary examination (or equivalent).
- Your core subjects in higher secondary must be Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Your qualifying marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology must be a minimum of 50 percent. For General physically handicapped category it is 5 per cent and for SC/ST/OBC physically handicapped category it is 40 per cent.
Filling the Application Form:
Below is the procedure for filling and submitting the application form for AIPMT:
- Access the following link to go to the online registration website http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/registration/instruction.aspx
- You will find all the instructions laid down here for registration. Go through the instructions carefully and click on the ‘Proceed To Apply Online Button’
- Furnish details like your full name, father’s name, mother’s name, your date of birth, contact number, email id and security pin.
- You will receive an OPT ID and OTP password via SMS and email
- Provide your personal and educational information along with some other details required in the form.
- After completing the above details, you will receive an application number through which you will be able to log in and check details.
- Next, you will have to upload your scanned photograph, signature and the thumb impression of your right-hand index finger. The image should be more than 10 kb and less than 100 KB in size, the signature , and the finger impression should be more than 3 KB and less than 20 KB in size. All three should be in JPG format.
- Next step will be to pay the registration fee. There are two modes of payment:
- Online through any credit card/debit card and e-wallet of Common Services Center,
- Through e-challan which is generated online after filling up the application form. You can carry it to any branch of the Syndicate/ICICI/HDFC/SBI bank and deposit the fee there.
- Keep the proof of payment of fee secure with you.
AIPMT Fee Structure
|Category||Amount Without Late Fee||Amount With Late Fee|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1400||Rs. 2800 (1400*2)|
|SC/ST/PH||Rs.750||Rs. 2150 (1400+750)|
Make sure you are well acquainted will all the instructions before you fill up the application form. Keep all the important documents secure for future reference.